Juniper Berries, Italian 1 oz
– Blue juniper is the edible round berry of an evergreen shrub with a distinct, aromatic odor.
– Give a sharp, clear flavor to meats; used to flavor gin and also for sauerkraut.
– Italian juniper berries are a smaller, higher grade berry carried primarily for distillers, and have a more complex, fruity flavor than juniper berries from Eastern Europe
– Crush the berries with mortar and pestle before using, or place in thick plastic bag and crush with a mallet.
– Compatible with rye beer, and blends well with the citrus notes of ginger, orange peel, licorice root, and coriander.