Coriander Seeds 1 oz
– Coriander has a warm, nutty, slightly citrus taste.
– This domestic coriander is best used for grinding or brewing, as opposed to culinary purposes as it is small and dark.
– Gives a bright, somewhat citrus-like flavor to certain styles of beer, particularly Belgian witbiers but also goses, saisons, and some hefeweizens.
– For a traditional Belgian witbier, freshly ground coriander seed is a must. Great when combined with orange peel.
– Grind whole coriander seeds in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
– Add 1/2 to 1 oz per 5 gallons of wort during the last 5 minutes of the boil.