Fermaid® K, Lallemand 1 oz
Fermaid® K – Yeast Nutrient
Fermaid® K is a blended complex yeast nutrient that supplies ammonia salts (DAP), free amino acids (organic nitrogen derived from inactivated yeast), sterols, unsaturated fatty acids, key nutrients (magnesium sulfate, thiamin, folic acid, niacin, biotin, calcium pantothenate) and inactive yeast.
– The unsaturated fatty acids and sterols provided by Fermaid® K are important survival factors yeast cells need to maintain alcohol resistance and permease activity, and help keep volatile acidity levels low.
– Nitrogen is critical for protein synthesis and to maintain cellular growth. Fermaid® K’s alpha amino acids provide a nitrogen source which is easier and more efficient for yeast to metaboize than nitrogen from traditional ammonia salts.
– The cell wall fractions in Fermaid® K absorb short and medium chain fatty acids that are toxic to yeast, and provide nucleation sites to help keep the yeast in suspension.
– Fermaid® K (Kosher) is a complex nutrient which is certified Kosher for Passover.
– Fermaid® K should be mixed with room temperature water before adding to an active fermentation to avoid CO2 release and overflowing of tanks or barrels.
– The amount of water used is not critical. Simply add enough to make a slurry.
– For normal applications, the recommended addition rate of Fermaid® K is 25 g per 100 L.
– Fermaid® K should be stirred into the wort just prior to pitching the yeast.
Click HERE to see Fermaid K Technical Data Sheet.