French Heavy Toasted Oak Chips
– Adds oak barrel flavor to any beer.
– Made from seasoned French Oak staves which are chipped down and convection-toasted to create flavors similar to what a comparably toasted barrel would impart.
– It’s important to understand that each toasting level creates different flavors in the oak; not a greater intensity of impact in your beer.
– Don’t think of them as weak, normal & strong; they’re each a different flavor profile.
– Heavy Toast French Oak chips will impart strong flavors of clove, spice, smoke & butterscotch; along with a small amount of vanilla & coconut flavor.
– Because of the high surface area, oak chips can extract quickly and care should be taken not to overdo it. Taste your beer frequently after the first week of contact and be ready to rack off the oak chips.
1 – 2 oz per 5 gallons.