French Medium Toasted Oak Chips
– Adds oak barrel flavor to any beer.
– Made from a cooper (barrel maker) in Napa, CA.
– It’s important to understand that each toasting level creates different flavors in the oak; not a greater intensity of impact in your beer.
– Don’t think of them as weak, normal & strong; they’re each a different flavor profile.
– Medium Toast French Oak chips will impart clove and spice flavors of medium intensity, along with strong flavors of Butterscotch & perceived sweetness.
– Because of the high surface area, oak chips can extract quickly and care should be taken not to overdo it. Taste your beer frequently after the first week of contact and be ready to rack off the oak chips.
1 – 2 oz per 5 gallons.